Sage and the New Moon
Although, the New Moon is a time for setting new intentions, planning new projects and new beginnings I can definitely say that, in the run-up to this New Moon, I am finding that I have more than my fair share of negative energy to transmute and drive out of my physical, spiritual and emotional body.
From my conversations with other women, it would seem that I am not alone with this, as many of you have been experiencing stress, overwhelm, fatigue and sleepless nights, as the first New Moon of 2018 draws closer. All of this can create a feeling of misalignment and I, for one, try my best not to bring this energy to my altar space when writing or setting my New Moon intentions.
Therefore, in the days leading up to the New Moon or on the evening itself I will clear my own energy using Sage, alongside any other rituals and practices that I am guided to. In doing so, I am putting myself in the position where I am most likely to be infusing my New Moon intentions or wish list with positive energy.
Sage has long since been my go-to tool for removing unwanted and stale energy that has been building up over time, or simply attached itself to me during the day. It’s also a sacred plant that has been used by many ancient and traditional civilizations who would use Sage in rituals and ceremonies in order to heal and purify energy.
What’s great about Sage is that it can be used to clear energy from yourself and your home, especially if you have moved into a new home and want to give it a deep energetic cleanse. It can also be used to cleanse unwanted energy from objects, such as your crystals or crystal jewellery. Essentially, Sage is the perfect addition to your spiritual beauty toolkit and will support you in nourishing your inner beauty too.
How to use Sage
- Hold the Sage stick in your hand and set your intention, eg: To clear away unwanted, negative energy from yourself and your space. Light one end of your Sage stick, allowing it to catch fire and burn for several seconds. Once the flame extinguishes gently blow on the lit end to fan the embers.
- Begin by clearing your own auric field. I suggest that you start at the top of your head and go down the front of your body, as if you are cutting through energy cords that have attached themselves to your chakras, and travel down to your feet. Continue by wafting the Sage smoke under your feet, down your arms etc.
- Move onto ‘Sage-ing’ your space, beginning at the door and going around the door frame.
- Work through the room paying attention to corners and other dark corners which is where energy can get trapped. As you do this visualise or say a mantra that supports you in holding the intention for “clearing out the negative, stale energy and restoring positive balance energy”.
- Finally, extinguish the Sage by safely snuffing it out in a fireproof container.
Alternatives to Sage
I love the smell of Sage yet there are times when the smell can be overwhelming so you may want to try these alternative herbs:
- Palo Santo: aka ‘Holy wood’ – relaxing, cleansing, healing and calming.
- Frankincense: Connects you with Source energy, ease stress and anxiety, protection and cleansing.
- Selenite: aka ‘Liquid Light’ – cleansing, connecting you to Source energy, protective. Find out how to cleanse your aura with Selenite.
Want more? Subscribe to my mailing list to be updated on my spiritual beauty treatments launch date, VIP offers and spiritual insights. Just click here to be added to the mailing list.